Thursday, March 30, 2006

Galatians 6:9



I was honored at being asked to share the devotion at Jen's baby shower... and also quite nervous. It's been a long time since I've been asked to teach anyone over 5 yrs. of age anything. And it was to be in Spanish. But thankfully it turned out okay. I did totally speed through it, and my pronunciation went out the window... but it was sweet time to share where I'm at and to encourage all the women to give thanks to God for wherever they are in life.

I focused on such a comforting verse: Galatians 6:9

Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap, if we do not grow weary.

Sadly I oftentimes lose heart in doing good and grow weary. It's so easy for me to grumble & complain (at least inwardly), but I thank the Lord that He gently reminds me of His promise to produce a harvest in His timing. I think that the biggest harvest to be reaped will probably be in my own heart as He continues to show me the multitude of rights that I hold on to instead of Him and the selfishness that eclipes "doing good." I thank Him for his abounding patience, and for his mercy in giving me four little blessings to teach me such lessons.

(the picture is Jen & I at her shower... isn't she the CUTEST expecting mother!!)

2 comments:

kimberly said...

I know you did a wonderful job, Melissa! I wish i could have been there to hear. thanks for sharing a little online...

Anonymous said...

Oh, Melissa..
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and reminding us of Galations 6:9. The 'growing weary' is so easy to do when you have 4 little ones clinging and clammering all day long. But this is temporary and we are doing good is his sight. uh oh...baby is crying so I have to go. Thanks for the encouragement!
Carmen Snider