Monday, August 27, 2007

Switching to Home

Well after much prayer, counsel and consideration, our family has decided to homeschool this year. I am very excited about the opportunity to pour into my children's heads and hearts. I know at the very least the Lord will use this time to grow me and draw me closer to Him. But I also pray that the girls will grow in knowledge and wisdom - true wisdom- fear of the Lord! They are sponges with an incessant desire to learn new things! I think we're going to have lots of fun. They are very excited too! We haven't officially begun since the girls' last day of school was July 2nd, but I've had to give them "work" since they couldn't wait! We are going to be using the Sonlight Curriculum. Please pray for us as we make this transition. And if you have any tips, book recommendations, suggestions, etc. please post 'em!!!!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Hey Melissa! That sounds great! I am starting a Bible curriculum off a website called Hubbard's Cupboard. It has curriculum for 2's, 3's, and 4's if you want to start with your youngest ones. I love it. After our first morning Isaac was able to repeat several songs and tell me that God created him. :) Have fun!

Unknown said...

This is awesome! You are going to have so much fun with your little ladies! You must write stories about this experiance so I can learn from you.

Stephanie Rohloff said...

Melissa, I am excited for you and Wes. I have seen the amazing things that homeschooling can do in children lives and we plan to homeschool also. I will pray for you. My sister's family homeschools and they have brilliant, wonderful, socially fabulous and hilarious children. I could only dream to have such precious jewels in my home.

One of the coolest things they do is go outside of the home for schooling...they have been to the park, the zoo, the courthouse and so on....and the kids have such awesome memories and have learned so much by being right there as they are learning and not having to go at the pace of a class of 50 children. They go to museums and such and it amazes me how articulate a 4 year old can be about the things they have seen and heard...especially when they are given the chance to be.

...I could go on and on...

They have conquered many homeschooling issues through the years...like time to get things done at home, or time for Mom and Dad alone...and so on. I am a sponge learning everything right now and I find it so fascinating...

Anywho, have a blessed day friend!
-Stephanie