Saturday, September 16, 2006

Aaaahhhh, the other side!

Well, most of you probably don't know of the ordeal we had this week. I'll give you a brief recap. About 2 weeks ago I started having a dull ache in the right side of my lower back. No big deal since I'm always carrying kiddos around..."just pulled something" I thought. When I woke up this Monday morning I told Wes that I thought we needed to get a new mattress, that my back was killing me! By 10pm I was in pretty severe pain & very nauseous. I took some medicine and felt somewhat better. Well, after finally getting to the doctor and having tests, they discovered that I had a pretty big kidney stone - 1.4 cm X .7 cm. X .9 cm lodged in my ureter. To make the long (and VERY VERY VERY painful) story shorter, it was decided this stone wasn't coming out on its own and had to be broken up by laser so it would exit the body. Due to the inflammation of my kidney and the serious pain I was in, I had the procedure ASAP - Friday at 8am. It was very anticlimatic. I was asleep for the entire procedure and woke up feeling like a new person! As soon as I could move my legs again (they were numbed from the epidural), I was released from the hospital. After having spent 3 days feeling like I was having back labor coupled with intense morning sickness, I cannot tell you how wonderful I feel. Thank goodness for modern technology & the prayers of the saints!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ouch! I am so glad you are better!
Jenny

kimberly said...

I am so sorry!! I'm so glad it is over! Man, the things that get thrown to us! haha!