Thursday, May 04, 2006

Recommended Books on Marriage & Parenting


sebo - used book store
Originally uploaded by bluevelvetbr.
Well awhile back I told Kimberly that I would get her a list of recommended books on Marriage & Parenting. Sorry that I haven't done it before now Kimberly... but finally, here it is... This is defintely not a complete list (I've had 4 kids in less than 6 years, so I don't have the brain power to remember all that I've read, nor have I had enough time to read all the wonderful books out there). Please post any great books that you've read also! For really great reading check out Amber's blog... She is always reading great stuff! Thanks for sharing your books with us Amber!

I don't necessarily agree with every single point of these books. I just really enjoy seeing other people's faith applied in their families. I love the uniqueness of each home! May we all live out the WORD in our homes.

These are in no particular order, and I'm sorry, but I didn't link them.

Marriage:
Reforming Marriage by Douglas Wilson
Sacred Marriage by Gary L. Thomas
The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
On the Other Side of the Garden by Virginia Ruth Fugate
Creative Counterpart by Linda Dillow
Intimate Issues by Linda Dillow
Fruit of Her Hands by Nancy Wilson
Treasuring God in Our Traditions by Noel Piper

Parenting:
Shepherding a Child's Heart by Ted Tripp
Mission of Motherhood & Seasons of a Mother's Heart by Sally Clarkson
Raising Children to Adore God by Patrick Kavanaugh
Don't Make Me Count to Three by Ginger Plowman
Teach Them Diligently & The Heart of Anger by Lou Priolo
Standing on the Promises by Douglas Wilson
Sacred Parenting by Gary L. Thomas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Melissa!! I'm going to order a few of those now! we are in need of high gear training sessions with wesley-grant...i can not do this without the Lord and i know some of these books will give me a biblical encouragement to it!